The CRYSTAL series sumps have the same design and quality as the RUBY series sumps but are made of all clear material. The differences when compared to the equivalent RUBY sump:
- Dimensions: 18″ long x 18″ wide x 15″ high
- Drain/Skimmer Section: 10.875″ x 11″
- Front/Refugium Section: 17.5″ x 6.5″
- Return Pump Section: 6.4375″ x 11″
- Total Water Volume: 20 gallons
- Skimmer Water Level: 9.5″ fixed
Some of the features of the CRYSTAL sumps are:
- Locking Filter Sock Holder
- Dual platforms (SUMP model)
- Protein Skimmer section
- Refugium section
CRYSTAL SUMP models come with dual platforms in the space before the return section. The top platform comes with a foam block filter and the bottom one is open to use for several different filtration methods (bag of carbon, bio balls, rubble rock, etc.). This feature is on the SUMP models only.
Locking Filter Sock Holder
Filter socks snap and lock into the filter sock holders to secure the filter sock from falling out when it becomes clogged and needs to be cleaned or replaced. The 4” filter socks are 100 micron rating.
Draw String Tabs
Tabs are located on the top support brace in front of the 1” bulkhead fittings which are included. The purpose of these tabs is to provide a location for tying off 7” diameter filter socks that have draw strings.