- Dimensions: 20″ long x 20″ wide x 15″ high
- Refugium Section: 19.5″ x 9.25″ (9 gallons)
- Skimmer Section: 10″ x 11″
- Return Pump Section: 6″ x 10″
- Total Water Volume: 24.3 gallons
- Refugium Water Level: 8″ to 11.5″
- Skimmer Water Level: 7″ to 9.5″ adjustable
- Drain Input Fittings: 1″ (x3), 2 main, 1 configurable
- Filter Sock: 4″ (x2)
- Refugium clear polycarbonate lid
- Algae blocker
- Independent water level control in refugium and skimmer sections
- Two 4″ Filter Socks included
- Additional 1″ input that can be placed in skimmer or return area
- Cable/Hose organizers
- Media platform with foam filter block
- Laser engraved water level indicator
- Four position countersunk probe holder
- Quick connect 1/4″ hose input fittings for dosing and ATO inputs, one in refugium section and four in return section
- Aquamarine blue coloring accents, solid white bottom and smoke back and around refugium section to block light and prevent unwanted algae growth in other sections
TRITON20C SECTION DETAILS|
The TRITON2OC has 3 main sections. Water enters the sump through the input fittings. A filter sock holder allows for placing 4″ filter socks under each input. Water then flows through the large refugium section that has a lid to prevent noise and water evaporation. Water then flows towards the front of the sump and then to right through the overflow teeth in the adjustable wall into Section 2.
Section 2 is typically where the protein skimmer is located. Water purposely exits Section 2 by flowing under the aquamarine wall to allow proteins to remain at the surface maximizing the potential for the protein skimmer to extract from the system. The water then flows through the media platform and foam filter block into Section 3. The media platform can be used to allow for several different filtration methods (bag of carbon, bio balls, bio media, rubble rock, etc.).
Section 3 is the return section where the return pump will sit, pumping water back to the display tank.
- 1. Filter sock holder
- 2. Two 1″ input fittings
- 3. Quick connect hose inputs for dosing and ATO (x1 in refugium, x4 in return)
- 4. Cable/Hose organizer (x2)
- 5. Additional 1″ input, can be placed in skimmer or return area
- 6. Four position probe holder with countersunk holes
- 7. Laser engraved water level indicator
- 8. Adjustable water level in skimmer section
- 9. Media platform with foam filter block
- 10. Adjustable water level in refugium section
- 11. Algae blocker
- 12. Refugium clear polycarbonate lid
- 13. Cutout to allow mounting of refugium light
The TRITON20C comes with two 1″ input fittings with extension pipes in the refugium section. A filter sock holder is installed so that 4″ filter socks (included) can be used for mechanical filtration if desired. These fittings allow for a 1″ PVC pipe to be glued into the fitting. If using sand or mud in the refugium, we recommend putting 1″ PVC elbows at the bottom of the extension pipes to avoid water flow from stirring up the sand or mud.
An additional 1″ input is installed on a bracket that can be placed in the skimmer or return area. Possible install areas are shown by the arrows in the picture. This additional input is typically used for the siphon style overflow design for the emergency drain. The emergency drain is typically dry and will only have water flow through it when the other two main drains have issues. Therefore, we recommend to not have an extension pipe so the noise made when water flows through this input can be heard. Another common use for the additional input is in the return area for the return pump plumbing.
A lid is provided to cover the refugium section. This lid is made of clear polycarbonate so that it will not warp over time due to humidity and temperature. This lid helps to prevent excessive water evaporation and reduce noise. The inside of the top bracing has a lip for the lid to recess into giving it a nice look. There is also a notch cutout in the top bracing in the back to allow multiple lights to be mounted.
Hose and/or cable holders are provided to help keep the power cables, probe wires, hoses, etc. nice and organized. Two are provided, one located above the probe holder and the other located in the return section.
Probe holder can hold up to 4 probes. One of the holes is larger to accommodate larger probes. The holes are countersunk to prevent probes from falling through. O-rings are provided to wrap around the probes to provide added support if required.
QUICK CONNECT HOSE INPUT FITTINGS
Quick connect inputs are located in the top brace to connect 1/4″ tubing from dosing or ATO. Four are located in the return section and one is located in the refugium section behind the drain input fittings. The quick connect input fittings all have extension pipes and the four in the return also included a support bracket mounted on the back wall where the extension pipe mount into. This puts the hose outputs at the appropriate height to view the drops entering the system, ensuring hoses are not clogged and minimizing water splashing/noise.
LASER ENGRAVED WATER LEVEL INDICATOR
Subtle water level height indicator is laser engraved on the inside wall to help when setting the adjustable water level to to the desired water height based on protein skimmer requirements.
In the 2″ area between the skimmer section and return section, there is a media platform with a foam filter block on top. This can be used to hold the foam filter block that is provided or bags of other media.
Some types of algae will float at the top of the water surface. The algae blocker will stop floating algae from getting clogged up at the overflow teeth of the refugium wall. The blocker will force the water to flow under the blocker while leaving the algae floating at the surface.
ADJUSTABLE WATER LEVEL
Water level in the skimmer section is adjustable from 7″ to 9.5″ to accommodate for the water height requirements for different protein skimmers. Simply move the adjustable wall to the desired height location (use the laser engraved water level indicator to assist) and then tighten the two bolts to hold in place.
Water level in the refugium section is also adjustable (from 8″ to 11.5″). The TRITON method requires higher flow rate through the sump than most other methods. Depending on your flow settings through the refugium and skimmer sections, water noise and splashing may be an issue. We made both levels configurable so you can fine tune based on individual needs.